I have to admit, I didn’t like Pride and Prejudice when I first read it. It was 2005 and I had to read it over the summer for my AP English class for the 2005-2006 school year. The latest Harry Potter book had come out right before I had to finish the book and trying to get through it so I could see what adventures Harry was getting into was making me antsy.
Then the new Keira Knightley version came out 5 months later and when I went to see it on New Year’s Day, I was enthralled. The characters and all their relationships started to make sense and even the story line became more clear to me. Shortly afterwards, I decided to re-read the book and to be quite honest, the book became more clear after seeing the movie.
Ever since then, I became obsessed with reading Pride and Prejudice spinoffs. Some of them were great, others…not so much. If you’re a fan of Pride and Prejudice, whether it’s the movies or the book or just Jane Austen in general, check out some of these books.
- Mr. Darcy’s Diary by Amanda Grange
- An Assembly Such As This by Pamela Aidan
- Longbourn by Jo Baker
- Death Comes to Pemberely by P.D. James
- Darcy’s Story by Janet Aylmer
- Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding
- Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife by Linda Berdoll
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
- Austenland by Shannon Hale
- Darcy’s Passions by Regina Jeffers
- Georgiana Darcy’s Diary by Anna Elliot
- A Walk With Jane Austen by Lori Smith