Sometimes I find a book that I feel has been designed just for me. There’s something about the book that I just connect with on a spiritual level and feel my perspective shift just slight, my being validated by the words written by another. I’d like to share some of the books that I’ve read in the past few years that have just connected with me and I hope that maybe you’ll read them and feel connected, as well.
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Me Before You by JoJo Moyes
- Atonement by Ian McEwan
- Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
- The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- A Mother’s Reckoning by Sue Klebold
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- On Writing by Stephen King
- The Wild Truth by Carine McCandless
Some made me just think a bit more, so I just thoroughly enjoyed and others make me sad. Obviously I’ll never be in some of the people’s shoes (Sue Klebold, Carine McCandless) if not all of them and I hope I never will be, but the writing was just beautiful. I hope you’ll read them as well.